VN - Unity - Completed - Vanilla Brulee & the Rose Bandit [v1.67] [Summoon / BlueBerry]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dunnodoncare

This is a Chinese VN, and to be perfectly honest I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I thought this was pretty good, and probably worth supporting (costs $5.99). In essence this a story about disparities among genders, social classes, social practices, wealth distribution, and more, but it doesn't get preachy, and this is extremely important.
    They are trying to convey a message, yes, but it stays in the subtext, and they are very careful with their wording, so that susceptibilities stay unharmed. This is proof of concept that all you need to entertain someone is a nice story, but it has very little 18+ so be aware of that.

Positive:
    - Nice enjoyable story; Decent visual presentation (it's still limited); Very interesting premise/setting, shows originality; More worldbuilding than I thought possible in a couple of hours; Sound track is adequate; Love story where the protagonist is the one being wooed; Characters have a lot going for them, especially established backstories; It has a dash of mystery; Expectations are subverted left and right; Interesting and relevant themes overall. Self-contained narrative that ties all loose ends.

Neutral:
    - Very short VN; Loading times, but they give you some info on the story during them; Text is more than just understandable, but grammar is a problem. No voice acting is a shame.

Negative:
    - Very lacking in options and everything technical.

Score: 7/10. Its a short and limited VN, that manages to do a lot of good with the available resources. All things considered I came out of it fairly impressed, and I recommend you try it, if the 18+ is not a problem.