• We're currently working on the search system, until that's complete the search will be disabled. In the mean time, you can use the quick search on the forum home page, or the search from the latest updates page.
3.00 star(s) 10 Votes
Nov 13, 2017
I really appreciate the unlimited (or just really high) speed cap, makes re-runs through the level a challenge to get to the end as fast or as smoothly as possible. Maybe there could be a different game mode where there are no enemies and a speedrun timer.
Only criticism i'd have, is that going too fast (on rails or when the moon swing hits just right) makes the camera lag behind the player character so you can't effectively see enemies ahead of you. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the flying enemies halt your momentum and immediately push you back upon contact, which has broken a few too many smooth runs.

Also, the speed at which you swing around moons after the first initial burst of speed seems either random or confusingly obscured. Some times i would do a full circle, others i would only make it a quarter of the way, and i even made sure to recreate it at the same angles and (roughly) the same speed prior to latching on. I wouldn't want the speed at which you swing to be nerfed so maybe the animation for the moon swing could be improved a little bit.

Plus the quality lewd content, this game has so much potential, and i'm all for it. Best of luck, TenPennyfingers!

annamal

Aug 16, 2018
IF you havent already, try this game. It is pretty cool already and is one of the best NSFW sidescrollers ive played. Just my 2 cents.

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
The art and gameplay are very good, but sadly for me, no hentai during gameplay and no rape after defeat makes this type of game rather uninteresting, I could just load the gallery and not bother with the gameplay at all. I guess this is a design decision, or maybe you have that planned for later?

+ you should add "creampie" to tags

Reactions: anon241

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I don't think so... but that bug makes a worrying amount of sense.
So i was looking at the comments on itch.io and noticed that you uploaded the wrong version at first. I downloaded it again and it's completely different now. That bug isn't there anymore.

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Just wanted to say that I am enjoying the game so far, controls are good, great art. I've tried using gamemaker before and it kicked my ass. I managed to build asteroids and not much more.

8bitKink

Nov 15, 2018
Love the art style and overall aesthetic, it alludes to some kind of meaningful story so I'll definitely gonna be watching this.
Good luck dev!

Succubus Hunter

Devoted Member
May 19, 2020
That's phenomenal feedback, thank you so much! I seriously can use all the feedback I can get.

And I'm glad you dig it! :D

I don't think so... but that bug makes a worrying amount of sense.

Thank you!!

I don't yet, no!

Nothing in that current version, though it should be a non-issue for the next update. Sorry about that!

Nah, I get it's super easy to futz around with, no reason to hide secrets in something that can be decoded on, like, a calculator.

That said, despite understandable criticisms, I'm really glad you dug it! :)

A young woman becomes stuck inside her mind, and it appears she's taken a number of people from the real world in with her! She's enlisted the aid of the Dreamcutter, a mysterious, potentially sapient scythe who seems to have ulterior motives to giving our protagonist, Haley, more power than she's ever wielded before. Intrigue ensues!

I'm a writer at heart and I'm excited to tell more of the story, but the first chapter is *very* gameplay oriented. I'll probably give more story in subsequent updates!
This sounds very intriguing. I am curious to see where this story goes.

UwU Stare of death

Oct 14, 2019
At the begining of the game when you fall asleep in class and go to the 2d game if you go to the right to the 2nd loaded area and then go back all you see is just black. The collision that should be there is there but your screen is totally black. you can go back to the right and go back to the 2nd area and it continues as normal. The first 2d section in the game I noticed you couldn't go back at all though (on the few spots I tested it). I have realized this only happens before you pick up the scythe.

thatguy46

Aug 4, 2018
I like the music. The platforming controls pretty well, suits the game to be so floaty. The moons don't feel great but everything else works well enough

Aug 8, 2017
I had a tough time figuring out the fireballs. When I first encountered them, I could see that they were a necessary part of progression, but I had no idea how to interact with them. Moons were finicky to learn, but only a problem in conjunction with another issue: when playing the Itch version with WINE, pressing the left stick opens the options menu! Eventually I gave up and tried it on Windows, and found a much better binding for options there. (I tried keyboard, and I don't like.)

I love the music and the art; gameplay is fun!

Jun 12, 2021
The levels could use some furnishing. Other than that, pretty good game. If you remove the h-related stuff, it might even sell well on steam.
That's not a bad idea, honestly...

Is there any h content yet?
There is, and we plan to add more as it continues development!

You can keep the H-Content and sell it on Steam. Hell, it could get a Switch port because Nintendo is cool.
Wouldn't hold out hope for a Sony version though.

Switch though? HMMMNN...

I really appreciate the unlimited (or just really high) speed cap, makes re-runs through the level a challenge to get to the end as fast or as smoothly as possible. Maybe there could be a different game mode where there are no enemies and a speedrun timer.
Only criticism i'd have, is that going too fast (on rails or when the moon swing hits just right) makes the camera lag behind the player character so you can't effectively see enemies ahead of you. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the flying enemies halt your momentum and immediately push you back upon contact, which has broken a few too many smooth runs.

Also, the speed at which you swing around moons after the first initial burst of speed seems either random or confusingly obscured. Some times i would do a full circle, others i would only make it a quarter of the way, and i even made sure to recreate it at the same angles and (roughly) the same speed prior to latching on. I wouldn't want the speed at which you swing to be nerfed so maybe the animation for the moon swing could be improved a little bit.

Plus the quality lewd content, this game has so much potential, and i'm all for it. Best of luck, TenPennyfingers!
This is a hell of a review, thank you so much! Not just for the praise but for the extremely constructive and well-considered criticism! I'm glad you liked it!!

IF you havent already, try this game. It is pretty cool already and is one of the best NSFW sidescrollers ive played. Just my 2 cents.
listen to the user
try it
youll like it

The art and gameplay are very good, but sadly for me, no hentai during gameplay and no rape after defeat makes this type of game rather uninteresting, I could just load the gallery and not bother with the gameplay at all. I guess this is a design decision, or maybe you have that planned for later?

+ you should add "creampie" to tags
We are currently considering ways to integrate H into the gameplay itself, we'll of course keep everyone updated.

Also, that creampie suggestion, you're totally right.

So i was looking at the comments on itch.io and noticed that you uploaded the wrong version at first. I downloaded it again and it's completely different now. That bug isn't there anymore.
OH THANK GOD

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying the game so far, controls are good, great art. I've tried using gamemaker before and it kicked my ass. I managed to build asteroids and not much more.
Hey, I started with Asteroids too! One tutorial a day, just the one, is how I got any good at it, give it another try some time!

But I'm so glad you liked it, seriously :D :D

Love the art style and overall aesthetic, it alludes to some kind of meaningful story so I'll definitely gonna be watching this.
Good luck dev!
Dude I am stoked out of my *mind* to tell more of this story. >:D

This sounds very intriguing. I am curious to see where this story goes.
You should be, it's gonna get NICE and WEIRD.

At the begining of the game when you fall asleep in class and go to the 2d game if you go to the right to the 2nd loaded area and then go back all you see is just black. The collision that should be there is there but your screen is totally black. you can go back to the right and go back to the 2nd area and it continues as normal. The first 2d section in the game I noticed you couldn't go back at all though (on the few spots I tested it). I have realized this only happens before you pick up the scythe.
OH JEEZ.
Thank you so much for the feedback, I'll check into this right away!

I think its just the game giving jumps room for error but you can fall like 3 pixels off a ledge and still jump.
Yup, that's an intentional coyote timer, it was actually kind of a pain in the ass to implement but I think it makes the platforming feel way more forgiving.

I'm actually stoked that you noticed :D

I like the music. The platforming controls pretty well, suits the game to be so floaty. The moons don't feel great but everything else works well enough
Hey man, I'm glad you dig it! :)

I had a tough time figuring out the fireballs. When I first encountered them, I could see that they were a necessary part of progression, but I had no idea how to interact with them. Moons were finicky to learn, but only a problem in conjunction with another issue: when playing the Itch version with WINE, pressing the left stick opens the options menu! Eventually I gave up and tried it on Windows, and found a much better binding for options there. (I tried keyboard, and I don't like.)

I love the music and the art; gameplay is fun!
I prefer gamepad myself, but the next update's gonna have custom keybinds. And those are some valid criticisms, thank you so much.

And thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate the review :D :D

Myscra

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey, I started with Asteroids too! One tutorial a day, just the one, is how I got any good at it, give it another try some time!

But I'm so glad you liked it, seriously :D :D
That's encouraging, I'll probably get back to it once I get to a better place in my own game (which also happens to involve dreams, one of the reason's your game caught my eye).

Also, will you ever add a double jump, this feels like a game that needs a double jump.

Jun 12, 2021
That's encouraging, I'll probably get back to it once I get to a better place in my own game (which also happens to involve dreams, one of the reason's your game caught my eye).

Also, will you ever add a double jump, this feels like a game that needs a double jump.
oh yeah double jump's comin'. hell yeah.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
It would be nice to add a rape system, maybe
I disagree. You should earn the ero. I've never understood all the other games of this type where you literally just let the enemy jump on you to get the scenes, and there are plenty of them, so this one is refreshing. I don't want to be rewarded for failing or being bad at a game.

Jun 12, 2021
I've just uploaded a hotfix for Dreamcutter on Newgrounds and on Itch!

Capture.PNG

Been taking in feedback! Before the next update, thought it'd be a good idea to just take care of some of the more requested features!

- Added a custom keyboard keybinding system

- Sized down the game screen on the Newgrounds version

- Added resolution changing on the Itch/Downloadable version

- Various bug fixes

Thanks for playing, guys!!

3.00 star(s) 10 Votes